Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Star Wars: The Last Jedi - My Last Movie

I don't know what to say about this film that hasn't been said already. I wanted to write an in-depth review, but frankly, I can't muster the strength to do so. Instead, I am opting to share two video reviews that are similar enough to my own views on the film. You can watch these videos, or just skip to the bottom where I will add a little bit.

These reviews are full of spoilers.



To add to what Sargon said, it's not only that Poe is a captain, but it's also that he is the squadron commander of all of the fighters and bombers in the Resistance fleet. This means he is part of the ship's command staff and a department head - IE, he would've been a senior officer and subordinate to the ship's captain. He should NOT have been left out of the plan like he was. This is just lazy writing.

Vice Admiral Holdo and General Leia never wore uniforms. As military leaders, acting in their formal capacity as an admiral and general, this is just stupid. The reason why officers wear uniforms, or at the very least rank insignia, is so they can be readily identified. Every lowly Resistance fighter would've had the authority to question their commands if they issued an order, and they would waste time verifying their identity. Yes, Poe does it as well, and it's stupid too. I know that they wanted to make Holdo like Mon Mothma, but Mothma was a senator and held no formal rank - and even she had military leaders who commanded the actual Rebel forces. Again, this is lazy writing.

I also thought that I had read somewhere that Holdo didn't wear a uniform because she wasn't playing by men's rules. Again, this is stupid. The uniform is a symbol of authority.

Lastly: lens flare. I hate lens flare. I find it incredibly distracting and it's often inserted into scenes where its appearance is just moronic. The disgusting use of lens flare in this film is enough to make me hate it. I will admit, this may be just a personal foible of mine that I need to get over, however, that's a hard argument to make when I've seen plenty of films that didn't use lens flare that looked just as good or better.

In summation, this movie was just stupid. It is pure feminist and diversity propaganda, but as Stefan explained, it fails as propaganda, because the Resistance is nearly wiped out.

Disney has sacrificed the Star Wars franchise to the false god called diversity and feminism. Since Disney is buying Fox, and given how corrupt Hollywood is, this will be my last movie. It's time to let go of Hollywood, and kill it, if I must.

No comments:

Post a Comment