Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Hope

I'm cribbing this from Pastor Steven Anderson's sermon on 06/14/2020.

As James 3 says, the tongue is a fire. Right now, it seems the world is on fire. But the Bible also says in 1 Corinthians 13:8:

"Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away."

Now that refers directly to languages. We know that languages die. But the tongue is also a fire. I think it's quite reasonable to assume that the fires set by our tongues will cease. When? I don't know. How? I don't know. Trust in God, and never lose hope.

This also makes me think of: 

"that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

What a fire that will be!

Never lose hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment